AMHP MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT PROTECTORS IMPORTANT FITTING GUIDE
Motorcycle Headlight Protectors are secured with 3M Dual Locks. 3M Dual Locks are heavy duty, round, clear plastic locking devices that have mushroom shaped heads that lock together allowing the protectors to be removed for cleaning. Slightly flexible, they seal against moisture and provide long term resistance to UV rays, temperature cycles and vibration.
YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS FITTING GUIDE AS THE LIFESPAN OF THE DUAL LOCK DEPENDS ON THE CORRECT FITTING APPLICATION.
DO NOT USE A SILICONE BASED CLEANSER. MOST MOTORCYCLE CLEANING PRODUCTS CONTAIN SILICONE.
- Ensure the headlight is switched off and the headlight lens is cold.
- Clean the headlight lens with a NON-SILICONE BASED DETERGENT (ie. dishwashing liquid) and warm water, ensuring all dirt, waxes and cleaners have been removed.
- Dry motorcycle lens with a lint free cloth.
- Using the 3M VHB Surface Wipe supplied, wipe the lens surface in one direction only (do not wipe surface in a back and forth motion). Repeat with the other side of the wipe.
- The AMHP headlight protector comes ready to install and does not need to be cleaned unless significantly handled.
- Remove backing plastic from 3M Dual Lock fastener (one side only) and position and apply to the outer edge of the protector at least 5mm from the edge. Press firmly for approximately 10 seconds.
- Align protector to desired position. Remove remaining backing Plastic from 3M Dual Lock and again press firmly for approximately 10 seconds onto motorcycle lens. Do not apply pressure to the centre of a curved protector – apply pressure to the 3M Dual Locks only.
- Allow at least 10 hours for the 3M Dual Lock adhesive to cure.
- Once cured, your bike may be ridden and the protector removed for easy cleaning as needed.
As a helpful reference (with pics), check out a brief review from a customer fitting headlight protectors to a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive 2009. CLICK HERE